Bye Bye Dry & Damaged Hair: Effective Solutions For Your Gorgeous Locks!
Trust me when I say that we’ve all undergone a haircare phase that was entirely focused on providing concrete damaged hair solutions for our precious tresses. Be it a result of chemical treatments, colour, or just a change in the water or weather, everyone is susceptible to the perils of having dry, rough and damaged hair. So, if you’ve always been a victim of dry hair, hang tight, cause we’re giving you a lowdown on some of the best solutions for damaged hair with our not-so-secret list of damaged hair remedies that you can try out at home!
Tonnes of beauty secrets have always been passed down from one generation to another in every Indian household. What’s truly interesting, is that each of these beauty secrets are completely natural, and seem to work wonders at providing damaged hair solutions! At Ravel, we echo these exact sentiments to create our personalised hair care products that provide the best solution for damaged hair! Each of our ingredients are based on your needs, and are made using all-natural ingredients that act as the perfect damaged hair solution for your scalp. Apart from supplementing your hair care routine with our customised and natural products, here are a few fool-proof damaged hair solutions you can incorporate in your daily routines!
A proven damaged hair solution, conditioners (the more natural, the better), can help you lock-in the moisture, providing you with moisturised and shiny hair in a jiffy! Make sure you use a natural or organic conditioner that doesn't contain sulphates, parabens or any other chemical that might further damage your hair.
After shampooing your scalp clean, take a dollop of conditioner and use your hands to work your way through the strands of your hair, lightly detangling the knots. Wait for a good 5 minutes until you rinse of, and wait for this damaged hair solution to work wonders.
A few natural conditioners you can use as the best damaged hair remedies are:
- Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with honey and water
- Yoghurt and egg
- Aloe Vera Gel (preferably sourced directly from the plant)
- Coconut oil and honey
- Eggs, olive oil, honey, vinegar and lemon juice.
2.Make Oils Great Again
Oiling and massaging your hair is by far the most underrated hair care tip that absolutely cannot be compromised on. The best solution to damaged hair is to get into the habit of oiling your hair before your next wash, preferably 1 or 2 times a week. There are a league of extremely beneficial oils that act as the best damaged hair solution, giving you smooth, silky and manageable locks in the near future.
While oiling your hair, make sure you focus on covering your entire scalp. Once you’re done, gently massage your way through the scalp, applying adequate pressure with the tip of your fingers, in a circular motion. For a more effective damaged hair solution, make sure that your nails aren't scraping away at your scalp.
To add a little more pizzazz, heat the oil until it’s nice and warm to the touch. This helps the oil seep into your scalp a lot better. An alternative to this is to wrap a hot towel around your hair as soon as you’re done oiling them! This helps the oil work its magic, whilst keeping the moisture locked within. Leave the oil in for a good 3-5 hours before you wash it away!
If you need a concrete damaged hair solution, these oils are the ones for you:
- coconut oil
- almond oil
- castor oil
- jojoba oil
- corn oil
- Olive oil.
3. Masks That Moisturize!
The best damaged hair solutions are found right at home (mostly in your kitchen)! Making a bunch of homemade masks is by far the best damaged hair remedy you could dream of. Apart from being totally au-naturale, these masks come at a minimal cost, and can work wonders in nutrifying your scalp and hair! Hair care doesn't necessarily have to be store bought, and here’s proof!
Try using these magical hair masks the next time you want to wash your hair. Remember, that for any damaged hair solution to work, you must give it at least a month or so to truly see the effects that it has on your hair! Don't rush, gorgeous hair is on their way!
- Curry leaves and coconut oil: Curry leaves are known to have numerous medicinal properties, one of which is a proven damaged hair solution. Boil a few curry leaves in coconut oil for almost 3 minutes. Let the mixture cool and set it aside for a day or so, giving it enough time to let its benefits settle in. Apply and massage this onto your hair before your next wash!
- Eggs masks: Making an egg mask is one of the best damaged hair solution, all thanks to the protein-packed goodness! You can pair your eff mask with honey, yoghurt or mayonnaise, for an extra moisture induced look!
- Gelatin Mask: Another great damaged hair solution is making a gelatin mask that leaves your hair looking smooth and shiny! Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 1 cup of warm water. Leave it aside for 5 minutes to partially set the gelatin. Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 6 drops of an essential oil, such as jasmine, lavender, clary sage, or rosemary to the preparation and stir.Apply the mixture to clean hair and wash it away after 10-20 mins for a great damaged hair solution!
- Yoghurt and oil mask: Yoghurt is deemed as one of the best conditioners, and is totally worthy of being the best damaged hair solution. To make your own yoghurt mask, mix an oil of your choice in your desired amount of yoghurt, add two Vitamin E capsules and voila! There you have it, you very own, full-proof damaged hair solution! Apply this mask onto your scalp and hair, leave it on for half an hour to 45 mins and rinse it away before shampooing.
- Banana Mask: Another great damaged hair solution is the potassium-rich banana mask! Bananas are high in potassium and have a high moisture content, which makes them suitable for treating dry hair. Because of their beneficial properties, bananas may prevent split ends, soften the hair, and improve elasticity. To take advantage of these benefits, mash one banana and thoroughly spread it on the hair, from roots to ends. Leave it on for 1 hour and rinse with lukewarm wate
4. You Are What You Eat!
Hear ye’ Hear ye’, your hair health will only improve with the kind of food you’re putting into your system! Consuming a diet rich in protein, Vitamin C and Omega 3 is a great damaged hair solution! Apart from considering additional health supplements, make sure you’re eating nutrient rich foods that provide the best solution for damaged hair.
A few great sources of hair health include:
- fatty fish, including salmon, mackerel, sardines, and tuna
- kidney beans
- Protein sources like poultry, eggs and lentils
Another damaged hair solution is taking supplements that can help to restore lustre to hair. A few great damaged hair remedies in the form of supplements include:
- Omega-3: This is a fatty acid that is good for keeping hair moisturized. People can get omega-3 by taking one to three 250-milligrams (mg) capsules of borage oil, flaxseed oil, or evening primrose oil, one to three times a day.
- Vitamins: Taking vitamin A and C, biotin (sometimes called vitamin H), and iron supplements can help make hair look healthier and shinier.
Apart from these damaged hair remedies, change your daily habits to avoid too much sun exposure, heat, styling and chemicals. Make sure you wear loose hair styles, or let your hair down instead of tying them tight all the time. Avoid washing your hair everyday and steer clear of accessories when you sleep. Use lukewarm to cool water whenever you wash your hair, and go in for sulphate-free shampoos that don’t strip away the moisture. Trim your hair every 3 months or often enough, to prevent split ends. Drink plenty of water and follow a healthful, balanced diet, as what a person consumes will directly impact their hair’s health
These damaged hair solutions are beyond perfect for your hair health! All of these remedies ensure that all your moisture remains intact within your scalp. As mentioned earlier, it is always wise to maintain a completely natural approach towards your hair care. Coupled with these top 4 damaged hair solutions, make sure you go in for organic and chemical-free shampoo’s conditioners and hair serums. At Ravel, we source some of nature’s best ingredients that are paired to make up a magical potion for your hair and yours only. Try out our range of customised hair care right away!